Go Shopping in Brooklyn
While you’ll find big brand stores like Macy’s, Target and IKEA close to our hotel, the best shops are found by just walking around Brooklyn’s many unique neighborhoods. Williamsburg is your best bet for vintage shops and flea markets, including Brooklyn Flea. This premier market, which changes location frequently, offers high-quality vintage and second-hand goods and stand-out food in a lively atmosphere.
Check out 5th Avenue in Park Slope and Smith or Court Streets in Carroll Gardens for ladies clothing, children’s boutiques and tasteful home furnishings. Visit Williamsburg, Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill, Park Slope and Prospect Heights for unique, handmade items created by artists and artisans in the Etsy network, whose business headquarters are right here in Brooklyn. Bushwick and DUMBO are great places to see the work of local sculptors, painters and artists.
You’ll also find specialty food shops all throughout Brooklyn. Visit Brighton Beach Avenue for authentic Russian food, Atlantic Avenue off Clinton Street for Middle Eastern food, Manhattan Avenue in Greenpoint for Polish kielbasa and breads and Bay Ridge for Irish and Norwegian food stores. For those with a sweet tooth, check out all the chocolatiers in DUMBO, Park Slope and Williamsburg, or famous bakeries in Red Hook, Gowanus and Williamsburg.
A Few of Our Favorite Shops
- Greenlight Bookstore (1.4 miles) — Independent bookstore stocking titles in all genres
- Jordan Heads Brooklyn (1.5 miles) -An all Air Jordan sneaker boutique
- Atlantic Terminal Mall (1.5 miles) — Mall with national brand, mid-priced and discount chain stores
- Saffron (1.5 miles) — Florist offering arrangements for sale and as well as for events and gallery shows
- Cloth (1.5 miles) — Urban brick-and-mortar store offering designer apparel, jewelry and other accessories for women
- Uniqlo (within Atlantic Terminal, 1.5 miles) — Clothing retailer of casualwear and accessories for men, women and children
- Vinnies Styles (1.6 miles) — Boutique with urban-inspired t-shirts and other casual streetwear for women and men
- Out of the Closet – Brooklyn (1.7 miles) — Thrift store selling clothing, books and housewares, with all profits going to the AIDS Healthcare Foundation
- Habit Inc (1.8 miles) — Fashionable, laidback women’s clothing and accessories
- Dekalb Market Hall (2.2 miles) — Outdoor market featuring a variety of vendors
- City Point (2.2 miles) – The largest food, shopping and entertainment destination in downtown Brooklyn
- Beacon’s Closet (3.7 miles) — Used, vintage and consignment goods
- IKEA Brooklyn Home Furnishings (4.4 miles) — Scandinavian chain selling read-to-assemble furniture, plus housewares
- King's Plaza Shopping Center (5.7 miles) — Indoor mall with a wide retail mix and fast-food shops